Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Moral Conversations

We just found out that Bill Clinton is coming to Laramie tomorrow evening. Under the direction of Wyoming for Hillary, I created a facebook event and invited everyone on my list. I didn't leave anyone out. I've also emailed, called and texted everyone I know. This is obviously very important to me. What I find appalling is that a few select friends of mine are leaving me rude, negative comments and taking every chance they get to let me know they think I'm an idiot for being a Hillary supporter. What kind of friendship is that? I realize we have differing opinions on politics. I don't believe this gives me the right to leave rude messages on walls that are clearly in support of a certain person or event. It is very possible to support the friend in their passions and beliefs without sharing them. It is also possible to have a moral conversation about the Clintons without using the words "satan" and "not pertinent."

First of all, Hillary is the farthest thing from satan. She won three of the four states up for grabs last night and two of them were by very large margins. Go Hillz! Second of all, any person who has an excellent chance of being in the White House this time next year is definitely and completely pertinent to our country--regardless of what one's beliefs may be.

It would just be nice to have an intelligent, moral conversation about politics once in awhile.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

Sorry your friends weren't supportive. Of course we have differing views that we've already discussed...but I think that it is awesome that you are pursuing your goals and have gotten to do so many neat things with this.

How are things going in your neck of the woods. I notice the posts are a little old so I was just wondering. Love ya!