Sunday, March 1, 2009

3rd Week Update

Welp, I'm going into my third week as a vegetarian. Definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel so much better and healthier and lighter. I really haven't missed eating meat as much as I thought I would. The thought of eating meat seems more disgusting every day that I go without it. Especially poultry.

I've found that I love eggplant! I make a mean Eggplant Parmesan and I also really like curried eggplant over rice. So good! Soups are a great way to go when I don't feel like cooking. I have a great recipe for a low fat corn chowder which I try to keep in my fridge during the week and also a vegetable soup which is really good. And if I want to give it some more substance, I can add whole wheat pasta or Morningstar Veggie Crumbles. Which, by the way, I love Morningstar products! Especially their corndogs. They're soooo good! I could eat them everyday. No joke. Of course, I don't since they don't really contain any vegetables at all and they're processed, but man are they good!

So anyway, I've very happy with this lifestyle change I've made and I'm excited to keep going with it.

No comments: